Spoak is looking for a hybrid data engineer / data scientist to join us on our mission to build the world’s most loved interior design platform. As a company committed to using data to drive our business and roadmap, we are looking for a talented data engineer/data scientist hybrid who can help us to develop and maintain our data infrastructure and use advanced analytics techniques to uncover insights that will help us grow our business and achieve our mission.
This role could be either part time or full time (minimum 15 hours/week).
• Design, build and maintain our data infrastructure, including ETL pipelines and databases
• Develop and implement advanced analytics models and algorithms to uncover insights that can be used to optimize our products and customer experience
• Work closely with product managers, designers, and engineers to identify data needs and build out new data-driven features
• Develop and maintain data documentation, ensuring that our data is accurate, consistent, and well-documented
• Participate in cross-functional projects and collaborate with other teams to share insights and knowledge
The ideal candidate has:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics or a related field
• Strong knowledge of data engineering and data science concepts and techniques, including ETL, data warehousing, statistical modeling, machine learning, and data visualization
• Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, R, or SQL
• Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS or GCP
• Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, startup environment
• Excellent communication skills and ability to explain technical concepts and insights to non-technical stakeholders
Nice to haves:
• Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI
• Experience with distributed computing systems such as Hadoop or Spark
• Experience with big data technologies such as Apache Kafka, BigQuery or Cassandra
• Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes
• Experience with machine learning platforms like TensorFlow or PyTorch.
For a full time position $115-150K, dependent on seniority and experience.
🚀 To build an amazing company from scratch
🎨 To build tools that enable creativity
💻 Remote-first team, EST hours
🩺 Medical, dental, and vision insurance
⚖️ A four-day work week every other week
🌴 Flexible time-off
🛋 Trade discounts to 50+ partner brands
🎡 Monthly virtual team events
💛 A close-knit team